Quinoa Salad with Roasted Sweet Potato
Quinoa 1 cup (rinsed)
2 sweet potatoes (skin peeled and cubed)
Water 2 cups
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Broccoli 1 cup (chopped)
1 yellow bell pepper (diced)
1 red bell pepper (diced)
½ cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
Maple syrup 2 tablespoons
Extra virgin olive oil ¼ cup
½ lemon (juiced)
½ lime (juiced)
Chopped cilantro ½ cup
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Cooking Steps1) Preheat oven to 200°C.
2) Bring quinoa and water to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool.
3) Add olive oil to sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, roast in oven for 20-25 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
4) Mix broccoli, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper and cucumber in a large bowl, add in quinoa and sweet potatoes. Stir well. (salad)
5) Stir extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, salt and ground black pepper in a small bowl. (dressing)
6) Mix dressing into salad and serve with cilantro as garnishing.